Sunday, September 13, 2009

Don't care if you don't like it.

Sally said, "I spend a lot of time trying to be understanding and rational, but that seems to be in short supply in other people these days, so I'm feeling particularly nasty, and need to say something. Why should I care when it seems no one else does? If you don't like it, I don't care. I'm ranting.

Things I'm hating today:

(1) People who don't read what I write. Jesus, fucking, Christ. I'm so sick of people that pick out a phrase or two that I write, latch on to that, interpret it the way they want, and then think that's what I wrote. I'm not that good at sub-text. Actually, I suck at creative writing. Everything I say is exactly what I mean, nothing more, nothing less. Why is confirmation bias so strong, and reading comprehension so fucking weak?

(2) The military for choosing to use us vs. them psychology in their training. "The ________(insert military branch) is the best. Make sure that you say civilians with disdain dripping from your tongue. They will never get it. They will never understand. Just smile and pat civilians on the head, silly little people that they are. They've never "served their country". They're not heroes. Everything that we do is done in service to our country. We fight for their freedom so they don't have to. If you haven't served in the military, you can't understand. Our fellow soldiers are the only ones that will ever understand. The rest of you are too selfish to get it. That's O.K. We take care of you as well as look down on you like children. Thank God for us. God bless America.

(3) You said something that I violently disagree with and take personally, so I think I'll leave now and never try to talk it out. God forbid I actually behave like an emotional adult and try to work things out. Next, you'll expect that I put on my big boy/girl underwear and think of other people. Perish the thought."



Why am I thinking I'm so much better than everyone else right now? Because I'm wearing my "bad" hat, I guess. I wish I could really say what I think all the time. I love you all. I hate you all. I love me. I hate me. I'd leave me too. They give me pills and a person to whine to, and I'm still not any better. I'm glad that Obamacare will put me before a death panel. Babies, the elderly, and the disabled have it made. I'll say hi to Trig for you. Damn I wish I could believe what the mainstream believes. I ask too many questions. Just change the subject. I'll never be perfect enough for you. I wish that leaving is what I did best. I wish that I could just write you off. Now just where did that patriotism gene get to? I always wanted the Americans to win in the Olympics when I was 10. Doesn't that count? Whine, whine, whine, whine. Is this enough feeling for you? Stop being so literal. Make adjustments for other people, but never expect them to make them for you. Be nicer to other people than they are to you. With my mother praying for me, I will just skip through purgatory. Suckers. I hate you for teaching me not to trust. The geographic cure never works, even in cyberspace. If you are smart, you're stupid. If you are stupid, you're smart.

Shut up, I'm not talking about you.

When I say that I appreciate you for something, I really mean it.

Pigfuckers. I miss you.

RDM, read this and weep. The Emmy is mine.

2 comments: